So about two weeks ago, I had to leave my two girls to go on a business trip for a full week!!! It felt like forever because I left Sunday early and didn't return until past midnight on Saturday. Actually what really made it hard is that it was my first time away from Jessica and Isabella since Isabella was born.
Traveling from state to state visiting customers (NY to Connecticut to Massachusetts to Pennsylvania to Ohio) really kept me busy but in the back of my mind I missed Jessica and Isabella a lot. I was worried that Isabella would forget me. I mean she already has a preference for mommy, but I thought this would make it so much worse.
Regardless, what I got most out of the week is a deeper appreciation for Jessica. She was super mom and wife this week. She had to pull all shifts with a 8 month old baby who just started terrorizing the house with her new found skill of crawling, cruising, standing up, etc. At the same time, Jess had to get up extra early to get Isabella to day care (my usual job) at 7am!!!! This was the only way so she could make it to work by 7:30. On top of all this, Jessica kept my spirits up as we spoke on the phone and even went as far as giving me a pep talk to help do my best in front of customers.
I'm so thankful!! Special thanks to George and Scarlet for opening their house to my girls for dinner while I was out. Also special thanks to our awesome neighbors Cameron and Tabatha for also inviting Jess and Isa for dinner. Knowing that we had good friends around made me feel comfortable that they were safe.
So now to the finale, on Saturday morning I ran into Isabella's room even before she woke up. I waited and then she peeked and saw me. She sat up and she gave me the funniest "who are you look?" for 3 seconds and then she got to her feet reached to be picked up and held on to me for a while. It was a nice way to come home! Since then I feel like her and I have developed a deeper bond.
Now only if I could keep her from sprinting over to the fireplace, "ISA!!!!"
Don't forget to read Jessica's awesome post on Easter below. I didn't want to steal her thunder since she just posted it today.
2 comments:
Awww! That post is going to make me cry. Eddie, I'm glad you are back home with your girls! Good job Jess, a week without help is tough!
she is so pretty you must be so proud of your little girl. she looks like daddy. as i say mom does the work so daddy can take the credit.
Post a Comment