My family was in town including my nephew, niece and step nephew. My sisters, Eddie and I had a blast making it special for them
While we were all busy having our Easter fun, Mom was in the kitchen cooking up her famous Gumbo, that we later enjoyed. It was so good! So much so that my sister Kat and I got into an argument about who was going to keep the leftovers. I won of course since she lives within minutes of my mother and Mom agreed that she would make Gumbo whenever Kat asked.
Later that night we tried like crazy to get the kids to go down to sleep, but they were so
excited for the Easter Bunny to come their little eyelids would not close. When they eventually fell asleep all the adults gathered in the room and started filling baskets. Man it was like Christmas all over again. Those kids definitely racked up on the Easter treats.
The next morning was followed by worshiping our risen Lord at church. We then came home to a feast of ham and fixings. Afterwards is when the adults joined in the fun! The sun had come out to make for the perfect conditions for cascarones(confetti eggs). The smashing began and there was confetti everywhere!
All in all everyone agreed that this was the best Easter ever and we couldn't wait to do it all over again next year!
These are just a few of my favorite pictures of Isabella from the weekend. I will post a link to the rest of them later. There are just so many good ones!

1 comment:
Oh my goodness! Isa IS so smart! I also can't believe how well she is getting around. Addison is still trying to figure out crawling. She is beautiful, thanks so much for the awesome update!
Post a Comment