This past week was Spring Break for me and Eddie took his mandatory time off so he was home with Isa and I. We also picked Rachel(my youngest sister) up from Alvin and she spent the week with us. That added to the beautiful weather, it was a blissful break.
We did a lot around the outside of the house and a few things inside. We cleaned the garage, Ed washed my car, I planted some yellow lillies in the front flower beds and we created a picture wall with our favrite pics of Isabella. We even took a day trip to the historic town of Fredricksburge and did a little window shopping.
Even Isa seemed to be in full bloom. Ever since she started crawling she is all over the place. She has now started pulling up on EVERYTHING! She can even take steps along the coffee table, except she doesn't know what to do when she gets to the corner. She is not sure how to turn. I suspect that it won't be long before she figures it out.
Also to note, Although Isa had been happy as a lark during the day she was suffering at night with her first ear infection. If you remember back two weeks ago Isa came down with a cold on Ed's birthday and had just been having a lot of congestion since then. She never ran any fever and was sleeping ok until about Tuesday night she started waking up crying several times a night just not wanting to go back to bed. Since she has always been a good sleeper I decided to take her to the doctor because I was worried that the congestion was causing her to get an ear infection and I was right. They put her on antibotics and after a day and a half she was sleeping much better. The doctor even noted that she was doing pretty good to have just gotten her first ear infection at 8 months(Wow! can't believe she is already 8 months were has the time gone).
Again we had a super restful and sunny Spring Break and I was sad to see it end and for Rachel to leave. She got some good quality time with Isa and even started reaching out to Rachel to be held which is shoking since she is such a mommy and daddy's girl.
Oh well, summer is just around the corner...
Hanging out at the Austin Children's museum on baby boomers Monday
With Aunt Rachel, keeping warm!
Familia Montañez in Fredricksburg, TX
Isa pictures framed and ready to hang. We actually took
this picture so we could remember the configuration that
we decided on. I guess I never took a picture of the final
product.
1 comment:
I love the picture with all the pictures framed and ready to put up on the wall. Isa is so cute!
Post a Comment