Friday, March 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Friday, Feb.27th, Ed turned the big 3-0! We had lots of family and friends in town, so Isabella got lots of play time and she did pretty well with all the handling. We got very scared Friday morning we were going to have to cancel the barbecue Saturday because Isabella woke up in the morning and decided to give us a surprise.

That Friday Ed and I had both taken the day off. Ed took it just because he never takes his birthday off and decided this was the best time to do it and enjoy his day. I took it off because I had many many things to do to get ready for the party. Well, I decided to be a sweet wife and even though it was not my turn I decided to wake up with Isabella that morning and let Ed sleep in for his birthday. So I quietly got up and went and got Isa. I picked her up out of her bed and she was all smiles, happy and talking. We were talking with each other back and forth while I made her bottle. I was carrying her to the couch to sit down and feed her when she started gagging like she was going to throw up, but only a little spit came out because her stomach was empty. She still looked very happy so I went in the room and discussed it with Ed and he said it was probably just the way I was carrying her and she was fine. Ok, great! Her and I go and sit down on the couch and she downs her bottle while watching baby einstein. When she was finished she just hung out in my lap while she watched her video. Not unusual because she loves her videos and watches them very intently. Then it happened.....She Threw up all over me. I immediately started calling Ed and he came and helped me clean up.

I was completely surprised. She still looked happy just smiling at me like she was feeling ok but I decided I couldn't send her to the daycare, so my plans completely changed my day would now consist of taking care of Isa and not running errands.
Oh well that comes with the job I guess.

We made the best of it and she was actually fine the rest of the day ate her solids and drank the rest of her bottles. She was congested that morning and has been known to throw up when she is to congested and the congestion upsets her stomach. So I think that was the case.

So the party when on as planned and thanks to my sister Kat who surprised me by showing up unexpected with my other sister Nicole I got everything done with their help. Kat was like a work horse and I owe her for the success of the party and especially for the 40 cupcakes I was able to finish icing with her help. Which by the way was a big hit at the party.

Also, since I was really busy Saturday Isa got to attend her Gymboree class with Grandma and Grandpa Montanez. She had fun flying the plane with Grandma.

Below is a link to pictures from the party. There are too many good ones to post here.

Eduardo's 30th Birthday pictures

Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

c82blue said...

really good pics...BUT, seriously? you have GOT to take down that first pic of me. I am BEGGING you. Please? Thank you! Byyyeee!