The Zilker Zephyr is a train that you can ride through a park here in Austin. This was a disaster! First of all, the heat that day was excruciating. We cured that with some snow cones. We got on the train and all was good. It was a pretty long ride. So long that Isabella started to get restless. She was tired of sitting in my lap. She wanted to get down and sit on the bottom of the train, but it was made of metal and really hot. So, her and I began to struggle. I got a bright idea that maybe a cracker would calm her down so I proceeded to open my diaper bag and out flew my wallet off of the train. The zipper on my wallet had gotten stuck to the Velcro of the bag so when I flipped the top open my wallet went flying. We were in the middle of the train so there was no way to tell the conductor to stop. The good thing was that in the area it fell out in was under construction. So there weren't any people walking around. The bad part was because of that construction the only way for me to get my wallet back was to endure the rest of the ride and get off and walk about a mile all the way back in the 106 degree weather. Yes it really was 106 degrees outside. The other problem was that I could not walk that far with Isa. Thankfully my nephew and Isabella's god brother were with us. So Garion and Patrick helped Amanda push the babies back to the car while I walked to get my wallet. It was horrible. I thought I was going to pass out but I made it and found my wallet. When I got back to Amanda and the kids, they were about passed out also. It turns out they had a long walk to the car and Garion almost didn't make it either. He was getting overheated. Needless to say we stayed inside for the remainder of the day.
That was our big adventure. Amanda and I can not seem to get together without one. I could go on and on about the adventures that we have been on together along with our other friend Annabelle. We have wonderful memories together and I am so happy that now our girls will be able to make their own memories together. Here are a few pictures from the week.
Here Haley and Isabella play together
The girls got a hold of one of Ashley's necklaces. I monitored them a bit before taking it away for fear they would strangle themselves. It was funny though because they both wanted it and Isabella is pulling at while it is stuck around Haley's leg.
Thank you Ashley for always wanting to sweep my floors. Amanda I pray that she never looses her love for cleaning.
Here are the girls with there sippy cups. We had a hard time stopping them from sharing. In this pic they have their own, but we would often find them sucking on the wrong ones. Espeecially in the car. They also would share snacks. They were so cute.

1 comment:
OMG... your "adventure" sounded terrible! Especially when it's SOOO hot outside. I'm glad you found your wallet!
Post a Comment