
Here is a picture of Isabella on her third day of day care. Yes, she has started day care. It has been a sad week for me. I miss her so much during the day, but Ed takes a picture of her for me every morning and sends it to me at work. I don't really get to see her in the mornings because I leave so early. So this helps a lot.
I am happy about the daycare we found. It is called Jardin De Ninos. It is a spanish immersion day care. So for the first three years they speak nothing but spanish to them. This was really important to us because we wanted Isabella to be bilingual, but the only person around her all the time that speaks spanish was Ed. He felt a little pressure about that. So when we found this day we were really excited.
We just think that is it is really important now for you to know spanish. It is so hard to learn when you get older. Believe me I know. Hopefully this will help my spanish to when I can hear Ed and Isa talk on a constant basis. Mostly though, I really want her to be able to communicate with her Abuelito. I was so close to my Grandparents. I don't want her to miss out on that special relationship with him.
So I try to look at the silver lining, if there is one, of her going to daycare. She will be well socialized and be able to be a fluent spanish speaker. At least that is the goal. It only makes me feel a little tiny bit better about not being with her. Oh well what can you do!
2 comments:
Awww! I'm sorry it's sad right now. It's great that she is getting the language immersion. I bet she will get so much from that!
Only a couple more weeks and you get her all to yourself again for the holidays!
Great Blog...keep it coming :-)
Tio Joel
Post a Comment